Every time I come back to sewing or handicrafts after a hiatus, this feeling of completeness washes over me--the absence is only felt after I commence a new or newly remembered project--this is after all what I did for four years in University!
So you are first to see the work in progress--the colours, the shapes, the contrasts--here are two pics of my quilt at its beginning stage, called "third weekend in October". It reminds me of walks along the cottage road during Thanksgiving weekends of many years ago, when the cottage was still a cottage.
This second picture is of all the colours and fabrics I've collected since coming to Brussels. A few of them are remants of the quilt I made for Sevie, so there'll be little bits of Elanore in my quilt when it is done (see the yellow-orange in the lower right corner of the image above and the third from the right in the lower row, below.
No comments:
Post a Comment